Is your air conditioning system broken beyond repair? Are your utility bills skyrocketing? Is your AC system 10 years old or older? These are all great questions to consider when deciding to invest in an air conditioning installation. It might be time to upgrade your current air conditioning system to enhance the comfort of your living space. Our team of licensed technicians offer exceptional air conditioning replacement and installation services for homes in Connecticut and Massachusetts.
Advantages Of Upgrading Your Air Conditioning System
In addition to receiving added energy-efficiency, there are great rebates and incentives available now! If you are still unsure, see learn more about our repair and maintenance solutions. In addition to statewide rebates and incentives, our team offers our lifetime warranty and the peace of mind that we stand behind all of our installations and repairs. A new air conditioning installation can be costly. To help minimize the expense, we offer many financing options to help fit your budget.
At SolvIt any home with a new air conditioning installation will undergo several pre-installation steps to make sure you are getting optimum home comfort while saving you valuable money. These steps include:
- Measuring Your Home: attention to window placement and vents is essential to make sure all rooms stay at a comfortable temperature
- Ductwork Design: making sure the correct size and length of ducts are installed for proper amount of cooling is delivered throughout the home
- Load Calculation: this encompasses measuring the square footage of your home, climate, amount of doors and windows and more. All of these play a factor in sizing your home comfort system.
- Air Balancing: too often ignored by HVAC system installations, we help to ensure an even distribution of warm or cool air from one room to another, requiring your thermostat to need fewer adjustments.
With SolvIt air conditioning replacement or installation we will provide you with:
- Expert design
- A wide array of manufacturers and system options
- SolvIt’s own duct construction and installation services
- A variety of options – such as zoning, programmable thermostats, whole-house air filtration and more
- Whole or partial system replacement
- Convenient payment and financing options
- The best warranties in the business
All of our home comfort systems including AC replacement and repair are offered to all of our local service areas.
Air Conditioning Replacement Services in New Haven, CT & Other Areas
Updates to the Regional HVAC Equipment Efficiency and Testing Standards
Effective January 1, 2023, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) will update its efficiency and testing standards for residential and commercial HVAC equipment. All regulatory changes will differ by product type and region. Since the updated standards will result in price increases across all HVAC contractors, now is the time to buy the equipment you need for your home or business.
The minimum efficiency standards for residential and commercial air conditioners and heat pumps manufactured after January 1, 2023, will increase. This change will increase production efficiency and national energy savings while decreasing national energy consumption.
Northern U.S. & Canada
All split-system air conditioners, split-system heat pumps, and packaged units manufactured after January 1, 2023, must meet the updated standards. However, split-system air conditioners, split-system heat pumps, and packaged units manufactured before January 1, 2023, can be installed indefinitely. The efficiency rating for air conditioners will increase from 13 SEER to 15 SEER in these regions.
Split-system air conditioners manufactured before January 1, 2023, can’t be installed once the updated standards take effect. All installations of products that don’t meet the new standards must be completed by December 31, 2022. However, split-system heat pumps, single-packaged air conditioners, and single-packaged heat pumps manufactured after January 1, 2023, can be installed indefinitely. The efficiency rating for air conditioners will increase from 14 SEER to 15 SEER in both the Southwest and Southeast regions.
In addition to higher minimum efficiency standards, the M1 testing procedures used for residential and 3 to 5-ton light commercial, single-phase equipment manufactured on or after January 1, 2023, will increase. This change will produce more accurate SEER, EER, and HSPF efficiency ratings. Manufacturers will be required to re-test equipment using the new M1 Standard requirements as well as publish equipment efficiency ratings using the new efficiency metrics of SEER2, EER2, and HSPF2.