Looking to schedule an electrical repair or installation service in Connecticut? Our team of licensed electricians offer high-quality electrical services that will improve the efficiency of your home and keep your family safe. The technicians at our company offer reliable electrical repair services for homeowners in areas of Connecticut such as Bridgeport, Plainville, Hartford, Waterbury, New Haven, and Norwalk. Book an appointment with our team to receive help with a malfunctioning electrical system. We are available 24/7 to help you with electrical issues in your home.
- Dimmers, switches, plugs & outlets
- Ceiling fan wiring and installation
- Recessed, outdoor & security lights
- Service panel upgrades
- Lighting fixture wiring
- Lighting fixture installation and repairs
- Appliance wiring
- Smoke & carbon monoxide detectors
- Code compliance & corrections
- Wiring inspections
- Data communications
- Home theater electronics
- Meter wiring
- Home generators
- and much more
Electrical Inspection Services
Outdated or poorly installed electrical wiring can cause electrocutions and even house fires. Safeguard your home and your family by scheduling an electrical inspection with our team of electricians.
We recommend scheduling an electrical inspection if:
- You recently installed new appliances
- Your home is undergoing renovations
- Someone else previously owned your home
- The lights flicker frequently
- Frequent tripping of circuit breakers or blowing of fuses
- Outlets and light switch faceplates are discolored from heat or are hot to the touch
- You regularly use extension cords and power strips around the house
Here is what you can expect from an electrical inspection:
- Ensure adequate power supply to your appliances, electronic devices, and comfort systems
- Label electrical panels and secure their mounting surfaces
- Remove any rust, corrosion, or water from the interior of the electrical panel
- Equip each circuit with the right size circuit breakers or fuses
- Put proper spacing between receptacles
- Ensure the ground rod is visible and protected against physical damage
- Bond the grounding electrode conductor within five feet of the water main
Electrical Panel Upgrade & Installation Services
Older electrical panels are not equipped to keep up with the electrical demands of modern appliances, devices, and comfort systems. The team of emergency electricians at our electric company offer electrical panel installation and electrical repair services for homes in Bridgeport, CT and other areas. If you want to ensure home safety and improve the electrical capacity of your panel, book an appointment with our licensed electricians to receive help with an electrical panel upgrade.
8 Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Electrical Panel
Replace your electrical panel if you notice any of the following problems:
- Over 25 years old: Most electrical panels last between 25 and 40 years. Once your panel reaches that 25-year mark, pay close attention to how it manages the power demands in your home. If it has undergone significant wear and tear or power surges, you should replace it with a new one.
- Burning odors: A burning smell from your electrical panel means the plastic coating on the electrical wiring or the wood framing inside your walls overheated and burned. Both scenarios can cause a house fire.
- Tripping breakers: Circuit breakers on an electrical panel that can’t handle increased electrical demands will trip frequently. Our professional electricians offer reliable electrical repair services and can perform an electrical panel upgrade to help you prevent tripped circuit breakers in the future
- Not enough outlets: Installing new electrical outlets necessitates additional circuits on your electrical panel. If your current electrical panel doesn’t have the capacity for new circuits, you will need to install a new one.
- New large appliance installed: Modern appliances run on more power than older ones. If installing a new large appliance impacts the efficiency of other appliances or devices, you need a new electrical panel that can accommodate the increased demand for power.
- System is built with fuses rather than circuit breakers: While circuit breakers have to be turned back on when they trip, fuses must be replaced every time they blow. Avoid this headache by installing a new electrical panel equipped with circuit breakers rather than fuses.
- Warm electrical panel: Electrical panels that don’t trip a circuit breaker when overheating are a fire risk. Upgrade your electrical panel to protect your family from potential house fires.
- Rust formation: Rust forms on electrical panels that undergo water damage. Water and electrical wires don’t mix well. If you notice any rust formation on your electrical panel, it’s time to upgrade your electrical panel
Whole-House Generator Installation & Replacement Services
While you can’t predict when severe weather will strike, you can equip your home with a reliable backup power supply. Our technicians offer extensive whole-home generator installation and other electrical services for homes in your neighborhood. Instead of going hours or even days without power during an electrical emergency, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing your whole-house generator will keep all your appliances, devices, and comfort systems running until utility power is restored.
Electrical Repair Services in Bridgeport, CT & Other Areas
With over 80 years of experience in the electrical industry, our team of certified electricians is equipped to handle any electrical inspection or issue. Our team of professional technicians provide exceptional electrical repair and installation services for homeowners in areas of Connecticut such as Stamford, Danbury, Plainville, Bridgeport, Hartford, Farmington, Norwalk, and Waterbury. Backed by 24/7 emergency service, you can count on us to deliver dependable, affordable electrical services when you need them. Schedule today to enjoy premium home safety and comfort.
If you need assistance with an electrical issue in your home, give our team of electricians a call at (860) 325-7836 to schedule an appointment.