Electrical Inspections For Homes in Connecticut
There are a host of reasons why you should schedule a whole-house wiring inspection, but most importantly is your ongoing safety. Inadequate or outdated electrical wiring can cause a potential fire hazard. Our team of skilled electricians provide dependable electrical inspections for homeowners in areas of Connecticut such as Bridgeport, Hartford, Norwalk, Plainville, New Haven, and Stamford. Having a professional electrician inspect the wiring in your home once a year can help prevent problems and is essential for your safety.
Do You Need a Wiring Inspection?
How do you know if your electrical system needs to be inspected? Here are some key indicators:
- If your home has undergone a renovation or if you’ve added new appliances
- If your home was previously owned
- Your lights flicker or dim more than occasionally
- If your circuit breakers or fuses trip or blow often
- Outlets and light switch faceplates are discolored from heat or are hot to the touch
- Extension cords and multiple power strips in permanent use around your home
What is Accomplished During Your Home Electrical Inspection
Our expert electricians will be able to answer these questions after the completion of your home electrical inspection:
- Is the power supply adequate for your home electronics, appliances, and comfort systems, especially since newer models tend to draw more electricity?
- Are all electrical panels labeled correctly and secured to their mounting surfaces?
- Is the electrical panel’s interior free of rust, corrosion and water?
- Are all circuits properly protected with the right size circuit breakers or fuses?
- Is there proper spacing between receptacles?
- Is the ground rod visible and protected from physical damage?
- Is the grounding electrode conductor bonded within 5-feet of the water main?
Electrical Home Inspection Services in Bridgeport, CT and Other Areas
Many home improvements can wait, but we highly encourage having a home wiring inspection as your safety is of the upmost importance. Our expert technicians provide exceptional electrical home inspection services for families in areas of Connecticut such as Greenwich, Waterbury, Norwalk, Bridgeport, Plainville, and Hartford. Our team provides professional and thorough home wiring inspections for homes in your local area. View our entire list of service areas here and book an appointment online. If you need immediate assistance with an electrical issue, give our electricians a call at (860) 325-7836 to schedule an appointment.
Call us at 860-544-2466 for fast and reliable emergency electrical services! Find a local technician at SolvIt for dependable electrical services.