A water leak anywhere in your home can result in countless gallons of wasted water, damage to your home and property, and plenty of inconvenience. Hopefully, you can spot a water leak very early in the making before things get worse. SolvIt is the leading expert in leak detection!
How to Spot a Water Leak
The good news is you don’t always need a plumber to see if you have a leak in the first place. For starters, these are common symptoms of an outdoor or indoor water leak:
- Water bills that seem unusually high.
- Water meter readings changing when not using your water.
- Sewer backup problems that become chronic.
- Running toilets and dripping faucets.
- Spongy, soft, or discolored walls.
- Musty odors from floors, walls near drains, or sewers.
- Cracked or unusually damp foundation or slab.
- Warm areas on concrete floors, mildew, or excessive moisture under carpets.
- In the yard, particularly wet or moist areas that are unusually wet or moist, often with very healthy or unusual plant or grass growth.
If you noticing one or more of the above, then there’s a good chance you have a water leak somewhere and it is best to have it addressed immediately.
Electronic Leak Detection
At SolvIt, we employ sophisticated electronic leak detectors that can spot water leaks anywhere, including insider your walls and underground. Our services also include water and sewer line location. Once we assess the damage, we can then recommend and implement the right repair or replacement solution.
Replacement Water & Sewer Lines
Inside your home, we recommend replacing your current water pipes with either copper pipe or Pex tubing. Re-piping calcified or leaky water lines will increase your water pressure, improve the delivery of hot water, eliminate costly water damage repair bills, and help make your plumbing system more efficient, ultimately saving you money.
For outside water and sewer line replacement, we install copper, polyethylene or pvc piping which offers several outstanding benefits:
- Greater durability to withstand extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Withstands long-term exposure to stress.
- Plastic piping resists chemical attack from acids, alkalis and corrosive.
At SolvIt, we also replace broken or worn out water meters, yard hydrants, and repair lawn irrigation leaks.