05 Feb SolvIt Named Top Smart-E Loan Performer(Last Updated On: February 5, 2019)
SolvIt believes in helping homeowners improve their home comfort and the environment one home at a time. As a result, we work with local and statewide organizations that help facilitate that mission. For example, SolvIt remains part of the Energize Connecticut program. The Home Energy Solutions (HES) program offers a subsidized Home Energy Check Up. Plus, we worked with local charities in Plainville, CT that helped a local food pantry.
“For our local customers in Plainville, SolvIt has teamed with town officials to help the community. Therefore, for every home energy audit, we will make a $25 donation to the Plainville Community Food Pantry.”
Additionally, SolvIt continuously looks for more options that help homeowners around the state. As a result, we partnered with the Connecticut Green Bank within their Smart-E program. The Smart-E program offers no money down, low-interest financing that help homeowners upgrade the energy performance of their house. Also, the program flexibility includes financial terms, along with almost any home improvement project that reduces energy usage and costs likely qualifies. Finally, as the Smart-E team notes the simplicity of the program.
“You can finance almost any energy improvement that cuts your home’s energy costs or produces clean energy on your property.”
The Connecticut Green Bank
The Connecticut Green Bank is the nation’s first green bank, which the company defines as:
“A green bank is an entity that accelerates the deployment of clean energy using limited public dollars to attract private capital investment in clean energy projects. In doing so, it makes clean energy more affordable and accessible to consumers.”
Additionally, the green bank model aims to upend the government subsidy-driven approach to clean energy by working with private-sector investors to create low-cost, long-term sustainable financing to maximize the use of public funds. As the Connecticut Green Bank notes:
“We continue to innovate, educate and activate to accelerate the growth of green energy measures in the residential (single and multifamily), commercial, industrial, institutional and infrastructure sectors.”
Also, the model works! It delivers on a simple promise of increasing affordability and accessibility to green energy, which has evolved into a greater commitment to stakeholders. The Green Bank believes:
- We believe that everything we do, we do to help people thrive and businesses grow.
- We do it in the interest of achieving inclusive prosperity for Connecticut and beyond.
Smart-E Program Options
Finally, the Connecticut Green Bank achieves their mission through multiple programs, including Smart-E Loans, which SolvIt partnered with the program based on our shared mission. For example, the Smart-E Loans help with the following projects:
- Home performance projects include attic, wall or floor insulation, duct sealing, air sealing and window replacements.
- Heating and cooling projects include air and ground source heat pumps, central air conditioning, ductless mini split heat pump, high efficiency furnace or boiler and natural gas fuel conversion.
- Water heating projects include heat pump water heaters, indirect water heaters (with natural gas) and on-demand tankless water heaters (with natural gas or propane).
- Renewable projects include solar PV systems, solar hot water systems, electric vehicle recharging stations and natural gas vehicle refueling stations.
- Other projects include ENERGY Star appliances, asbestos and/or mold remediation and tree removal for solar needs.
SolvIt Named Top Smart-E Performer
Recently, the Connecticut Green Bank named SolvIt Home Services as a Smart-E Loan Top Performer for 2018.
Throughout 2018, SolvIt’s use of the Smart-E Loan helped 11 Connecticut households improve their home’s energy performance, with a total amount financed of nearly $113,000! In addition, SolvIt’s use of the contractor-funded interest rate buydown option with Mutual Security Credit Union, your consistent efforts to ensure a smooth customer process, and high quality installations helped set your company apart from the 400+ contractors eligible to offer this product. We hope to keep the momentum going in 2019!
How can SolvIt help you?
First and foremost, we recommend all homeowners schedule a home energy check-up. Why? These check-ups identify and address common comfort issues, such as:
- reducing air leakage of your home to the outdoors.
- improving cold and drafty rooms in the winter on the spot.
- reducing and in many cases eliminate ice damming.
- checking the safety of your heating and combustion appliances.
- providing lighting and water conservation measures.
- improving hot and humid rooms in the summer on the spot.
- reducing and in many cases eliminate rodents in basements and attics.
If you are interested in learning about how SolvIt can help improve your home comfort and/or our financing options, such as the Smart-E program, please contact us at 800-886-2473 or email us at email@example.com.